The creation of the UI Automation Centre is a strategic decision by he Faculty of Technology, University of Ibadan to contribute to activities that can enhance socio-economic development and growth through a new focus on technology transformational entrepreneurship.
We must commend NLNG Limited, once again, for making the University of Ibadan a beneficiary of the NLNG University Support Programme with respect to the equipping of a modern engineering laboratory that was commissioned as the NLNG/UI Engineering Complex on 21st March 2016 in Ibadan.
MISSION AND PURPOSE
The AUTOMATION CENTRE defines its mission as “utilizing enterprise and entrepreneurship to foster leadership that can organize resources, act upon opportunities and create economic and social impact beyond the local level”. Furthermore, the purpose of the AUTOMATION CENTRE is to promote enterprise and entrepreneurship through a systemic approach, bringing about transformation in socio-economic development.
There are five pillars underpinning the AUTOMATION CENTRE’s and purpose, namely:
1. Technical Leadership– to forge a new generation of great technical thinkers and doers.
2. Vocational Education– to create new knowledge appropriate for the needs of specific industries to support transformational entrepreneurship.
3. Innovation– to create novel ways of doing business for the 21st Century that are efficient, effective and profitable.
4. Sustainable Technological Development– to ensure rapid growth of advanced and functional technology to meet the needs of the present without compromising the needs of the future.
5. Industrial Linkage– to create, foster and sustain necessary linkage between the academia and the industries to enable technological transformation to enhance efficiency and commercial viability.
The AUTOMATION CENTRE now operates under a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement between the University of Ibadan (UI) and Automation and Engineering Academy Nig Ltd (AEA). This is informed by the need to maximize the potentials of the Centre including the educational an commercial prospects. The training programmes and curses have been designed with high functional and commercial relevance to enable trainees and graduates become highly knowledgeable, technically equipped, competent and proficient in industries, raining institutions and the marketplace of the 21st Century.
The AUTOMATION CENTRE recognizes the challenge to scale up business from a traditional micro-enterprise mind-set. Therefore, through educational practices, we shall endeavor to engineer and promote an entrepreneurial mind-set that is transformational, functional, and relevant to the needs of the marketplace. Consequently, all modules and programmes of the AUTOMATION CENTRE are constantly reviewed to make adjustments towards attaining technological transformation, boost the culture of entrepreneurship, and ensure sustainable technological development and socio-economic development of our society and the world at large.
Please, click here to view available courses at our UI Automation Centre.