This course continues skill development in troubleshooting and modifying a control system. Participants will use SIMATIC TIA Portal software tools to build new features,diagnostics and communications into the application project. Program development using organization blocks, system functions and instruction libraries build software troubleshooting efficiency. Analog signal processing and alarming are included in this application. Configuration and integration of an HMI system into the participant’s application builds experience managing a Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) project.
On completion of this course the participant will be able to do the following:
- Understand the interaction of TIA components
- Understand, adapt, and expand given STEP 7 programs, including with step sequences and analog value processing
- Systematically diagnose and correct hardware and software errors in the SIMATIC S7 automation system with the diagnostic tools of the TIA Portal engineering portal
- Use the test functions in Structured Control Language (SCL)
- Perform specific commissioning of TIA components
- Adapt your WinCC configuration to new requirements through small modifications or extensions
SIMATIC S7 knowledge equivalent to the TIA Portal Service 1 course.