This course uses a 'hands-on' practical approach to reinforce the theoretical aspects of the training. Practical tasks are undertaken using a distributed Profibus nodes and S7-300. This course is for SIMATIC S7-300-400 PLC users with basic SIMATIC control system knowledge who install or maintain automation systems and their application programs. This course continues skill development in troubleshooting and modifying a control system focusing upon commissioning, maintenance and integration of system blocks into a program. Configuration and integration of an HMI and drive system into the student's application project builds experience managing a complete
automated control system. The course format consists of instruction and hands-on exercises. Participants will use test, debug and diagnostic tools to complete the commissioning, programming and system integration exercises.
On completion of this course the participant will be able to:-
- Commission a simulated assembly line program.
- Eliminate software errors that lead to a CPU stop.
- Eliminate logical software errors.
- Integrate System Blocks into a program.
- Display Diagnostic Messages.
- Profibus DP error analysis using System blocks.
- Use WinCC Flexible for troubleshooting.
- Hardware and Software Commissioning
- Statistical Storage of Data on an HMI Touch Panel
- Use of System Blocks including IEC Timers and Counters
- Use of the Multi Instance model in Data Blocks
- Analysing error messages using System blocks
- Profibus DP slave diagnosis use integrated blocks
- PLC - HMI co-ordination
This course is aimed at service/maintenance personnel who are interested in solving a variety of SIMATIC S7 tasks, and have attended the SIMATIC S7 Service and Maintenance 1 and 2 courses.
The ability to use a MS Windows PC, keyboard and mouse to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects /data (text, etc). Drag and drop files, objects/data (text, etc). Use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment. Use of MS Windows Help. Must have attended the Siemens SIMATIC S7 Service and Maintenace 1 and 2 Courses.