This course introduces the participant to a Siemens integrated automation system. Participants will build skills on commissioning, troubleshooting
and upgrading an automation system complete with HMI, PLC, drive and communications network. Participants will learn to navigate STEP7, use
the built-in diagnostics tools and perform basic program modifications. Profibus DP configuration and troubleshooting are included using remote
I/O, a touch panel display and a drive system. The course format is a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises. A realistic conveyor
model is used for demonstrations and participant exercises. Exercises allow students to practice tasks such as testing, debugging and using
On completion of this course the participant will be able to:-
- Identify the components and performance characteristics of the SIMATIC S7-300/400 PLC
- Install a PLC system, including the communication cabling and wiring of I/O.
- Use the various address types to edit, reload, structure and run a program. Document, test, and basically troubleshoot the control system and its program.
- Diagnose and repair simple hardware problems.
- Utilize binary operations, timers, counters, comparators, and arithmetic operations for program modifications.
- Integrate and troubleshoot an HMI and Drive system within the control system.
- Configure and troubleshoot Profibus DP nodes
SIMATIC S7 System Family overview
Installation and maintenance of a PLC
The SlMATIC Manager software package
Block architecture and Program Editors
Introduction to HMI and Profibus DP
Introduction to Drive Systems
Program documenting, saving and archiving
This course is aimed at service/maintenance personnel who install or maintain automation systems and their application programs.
A basic ability to use a Windows PC, keyboard and mouse to open and close programs, locate files, drag, drop, copy and paste objects. A basic understanding of electrical components such as switches and solenoids would be very useful.