On completion of this course the participant will be able to write advanced programs, use program breakpoints to test the operation of the program and diagnose errors using the Step7 V5.5 software package on S7-300 or S7-400 PLC’s
This course is directed at personnel engaged in project engineering tasks who would like to become familiar with the extended programming possibilities of SIMATIC S7 (300/400).
• Using structograms as a method for program design
• Functions, function blocks and multi-instances ((with examples using IEC Timer/Counter)
• Jump commands and Accumulator operations
• Configuration of Breakpoints as a debugging tool
• Memory Indirect addressing
• Integration of a drive (MM420) using PROFIBUS DP
• Monitoring and controlling the drive with the “Starter” software
• Using Error organization blocks to evaluate Profibus slave downtime
• Error management with error organisation blocks
• Analysing synchronous errors with organisation blocks
• Analysing S7 diagnostic data
• Writing user messages in the Diagnostic Buffer
• Troubleshooting and error messages with an HMI Touch Panel
• Each of the above topic areas are backed up by practical exercises using a system model, consisting of the S7- 300 automation system, the ET200S distributed peripheral, an HMI touch panel, the MM420 drive and a conveyor model. Working examples are provided and tested out during the course.