This hands-on course is the first in a three-part series which builds basic programming skills using Siemens STEP7 software. Participants will learn S7 project management, program design and application development. This is an aggressively paced curriculum covering S7 programming with Ladder logic. The basics of programming with Function Block Diagram (FBD), Statement List (STL) languages and key software tools are also covered. Participants use SIMATIC Manager concepts by integrating an S7300 PLC, HMI, ET200S remote I/O station and a desktop conveyor system connected by PROFIBUS.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Configure, parametrize, communicate with and commission a Totally Integrated Automation System.
- Program, document, test and troubleshoot a structured STEP7 program.
- Program using absolute and symbolic addressing.
- Use core application instructions to program Organization Blocks (OBs), Function Calls (FCs), Function Blocks (FBs), and library blocks.
- Program using binary, digital and analog processing.
- Create and use data blocks.
- Create and call reusable blocks employing parameter passing techniques.
- Cross reference where and how addressed are used, program call structure, and comparing online to offline programs.
This course is for SIMATIC S7-300/400 PLC users who are involved with developing or sustaining automation systems and their application programs.
The ability to use a MS Windows PC (2000/XP), keyboard and mouse to include opening and closing programs, locating files, copy and paste objects /data (text, etc). Drag and drop files, objects/data (text, etc). Use of menus and multi-menus, manipulation of windows within a multi-window environment. Use of MS Windows Help. A prior knowledge and practical experience of PLCs is essential.