This course introduces the participant to the software and hardware components of a FactoryTalk View Enterprise system. The course deals with planning a well-designed and use-able operator interface application. Participants will learn to set up the communications and tag database within FactoryTalk View Machine Edition and conclude the module with graphic displays. This course also introduces the participant to standard objects within FactoryTalkView Machine Edition and then moves on to animating objects. The course deals with creating alarm triggers, messages and editing the alarm banner. Participants will learn to transfer and run an application. Participants will be able to create and manage recipes in FactoryTalkViewME, as well as, entering data into recipes and using recipes to set values in a controller.
After completing this course, given a computer with FactoryTalk View Machine Edition (ME) software and a PanelView™ Plus terminal, you should be able to produce an operational application running on the terminal.
During class, you will practice the following hands-on skills:
• Prepare a PanelView Plus terminal for operation
• Create a new application and run it on a terminal
• Create, configure, and animate graphic objects on graphic displays
• Configure security for granting/restricting access to certain graphic displays or for rights to perform certain actions
• Create and configure messages and alarms for alerting operators to changes in a process
• Configuring a PanelView Plus Terminal
• Creating and Customizing a FactoryTalk View ME Application
• Configuring RSLinx Enterprise Communications
• Configuring FactoryTalk Security
• Creating and Modifying Tags
• Adding and Configuring FactoryTalk View ME Graphic Displays
• Creating and Manipulating Graphic Objects
• Creating and Configuring Interactive Controls
• Configuring Security for FactoryTalk View ME Displays
• Creating and Managing FactoryTalk View ME Runtime Files
• Configuring Basic Animation for FactoryTalk View ME Objects
• Creating and Configuring Alarms
• Creating and Configuring Macros
• Configuring Recipes with the RecipePlus System
• Configuring Language Switching
• Creating Data Logs and Trends
• Creating Tag Placeholders and Parameter Files
• Creating and Configuring Information Messages
• Adding Global Objects to a FactoryTalk View ME Application
• Inserting Faceplates in a FactoryTalk View ME Application
Individuals who need to create FactoryTalk ME applications for use on a PanelView Plus terminal should attend this course.
Knowledge of Basic and Advanced ControlLogix is required to successfully completed the course.